Posted on May 06 2019
For the 3rd Edition of the Simply Thriving Lifestyle Series we dip into our musical roots and sit down with Nashville Singer & Songwriter Kaylee Rose. Kaylee’s journey started out pretty normal like many of others, living in Florida at a young age but always having a dream of living in Nashville in aspirations of diving into the Music Industry. Unlike many, she followed through with her dreams, dropped everything, and moved out to the music city. Now, she's been recognized as one of the top female up & coming country artist and is playing out venues every night!
- What’s your name?
- Kaylee Rose
- Where are you from and what do you do?
- I am from Florida but now live in Nashville, Tennessee. I am a singer/songwriter.
- When did you discover that you wanted to be a musician and how did you make that discovery?
- I always had the dream but I started taking it seriously after I did the American Idol contest in Disney World when I was 14. After that, I did an open mic at a bar in St. Augustine when I was 14 and that’s where it all started.
- What musicians or artists have inspired you and your craft?
- There isn’t one specific artist that has inspired me. I have found inspiration throughout the years from tons of different artists. I love everything from Shania Twain to Beyoncé.
- What does a typical day look like for you (if there’s such thing as “typical”)?
- I usually start my day by working out. As random as that sounds, I usually get a lot of my song ideas while I’m in the gym. Then I usually have a songwriting session and then a show or meeting after that. The interesting part of being musician is that my schedule is always sporadic and as much as I try to plan, last minute shows, writes, meeting and opportunities always seem to pop up.
- What’s your favorite part of each day/ what makes you thrive on a daily basis?
- My two favorite things that make my day & make me thrive are the crowd interactions I have when playing shows and the songs I write. There’s no better feeling than writing a song that you absolutely love or playing to an amazing crowd.
- What has been your favorite performance to date?
- I opened for a country singer named Morgan Wallen recently and that probably had to be one of my favorite shows. The energy in that room was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced.
- Is there any kind of pre-show remedies you do?
- I always have to chew Trident peppermint gum before I sing. I have no idea why, it is such a random habit.
- How do you feel when you’re performing on stage?
- I always feel at home when I’m on stage. I love interacting with the crowd and connecting with people with my music. In some ways, I feel more comfortable on stage than I do off.
- How would you describe your personal style?
- I love the athleisure look. My look is not that girly in the sense that I don’t wear heels or dresses ever. I feel most comfortable when I’m wearing sneakers like Nike or Filas and joggers when I’m performing. I just love the cute but comfy look. Which is why I love this brand, it totally fits my style and vibe.
- What/who inspires the way you dress?
- I don’t think there’s a particular person that influences my style. I just love wearing clothes that are comfortable and cute.
- Do you have a go-to outfit that always travels with you or a uniform of sorts for performing?
- My “uniform” on stage is definitely some type of crop top, joggers or high waisted pants, and some cool sneakers. The last thing I want to think about on stage is my outfit, which is why I avoid heels & skirts at all costs.
- Do you dress differently off stage than you do on?
- I feel like my style is overall the same on and off stage. I definitely try to take advantage of the nights I don’t play to wear gongs I normally wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing on stage.
- What drew you most to the Simply Thriving Brand?
- I love what the brand stands for. I am in an industry that’s all about pursuing a dream where there’s no guarantee of the outcome. Simply Thriving Brand represents the mindset of “pushing towards the unknown” which couldn’t relate more to the hustle and grind of the music business. I also just love the designs and feel like it totally fits my vibe and style as an artist.
- If there is one thing you would want people to take away from your music, what would it be?
- I love to write songs that are extremely relatable to people. As much as I love writing from a personal place, there is no better feeling than someone telling me that a song of mine relates to their own situations.
- What do you desire to achieve this year/what are the dreams you’re pushing for?
- My goals are to keep writing the best songs I can, continue to get awesome shows at amazing venues and to grow my following and numbers as much as I can.
- Any advice you have for aspiring creatives, especially those looking to go into the music industry?
- The bad experiences and terrible days will be the days that you learn and grow the most from. I don’t feel that you learn from your good days. So learn to appreciate the hard and confusing times, it makes the victories much more rewarding.
- Does the unknown scare you? Why or why not?
- The unknown is obviously not always the most comforting feeling when pursuing a crazy dream. With that said, the unknown makes you work harder than it would if you knew your fate. The longer I’m in Nashville, I truly see how everything happens for a reason and I wouldn’t trade this dream for anything!
We can't wait to watch and support Kaylee as she continues on her journey, THRIVING. Make sure to check out Kaylee's latest single Stuff available on all platforms. You can find her here on Instagram and Facebook.
For further Simply Thriving Brand and The Lifestyle Series updates, be sure to subscribe to our email list and to follow us on our socials: Instagram and Facebook.